Sunday, January 31, 2010

Winter Bird Photos

They are just soooo cute!!! I filled my feeder, loaded up my suet cage and threw some seed on top of the snow. Then I sat at our picnic table and just waited. Within a couple of minutes they came to feed. This is as close as I've come to a towhee. The other one is a junco.

Don't they look like they are having a little conversation? Probably something like "Back off, buddy. This stuff is mine!" The white-throated sparrows are pretty spunky. They tend to chase other birds off, even other sparrows.

The view above my picnic table. Currently, we only have pines as mature trees.

Quite the charmer!

Ever seen a mockingbird's butt? You have now! He flew onto a wire above me and I just had to take the shot. At least you get a better idea of how his tail feathers look. (I was just hoping there wouldn't be a 'drop' mid-picture.)

Next up: Sledding photos and some shots of icicles.

No comments: