Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Winter Ice

You know, I kinda like freezing rain. As long as it doesn't make us lose power. We haven't really had any yet this year, but I remember years past when we've had 'ice storms' and despite the devastation to trees and power, it is beautiful. Especially, the next day when the beginnings of sunshine starts to make the whole world glitter.

These photos are more of the beauty of snow melting. My greenhouse is warm enough that water is constantly dripping off the roof onto my hanging planters. Here are a few creations:



This one formed down the entire chain length from roof to pot.


The next two photos are of a machine behind the school where we went sledding. I really don't know what the machine is but it has water running through it and it formed the longest icicles I've seen in a long time.


No matter what form water takes, it is beautiful. It's nice to live in a place where we get so much variety to explore. Next up, wintry mix coming this weekend. I can't wait to see what form that all takes!

No comments: