Friday, February 6, 2009

Lazy Days

I never did stick to my 'early to bed early to rise' habit. Oh well. I will keep trying. But in the meantime, I've been enjoying our relaxed days. Wednesday after Pooh's Art class, we met a fellow homeschooling family at McD's. Her three kids and my two boys enjoyed three hours of fun play at the playplace. And they still didn't want to leave when it was time. LOL It's been too stinking cold here for outside play. I think Wednesday's windchill put us at around 15 degrees. Blech.

After we got home, I made dinner while Pooh read to me the Daily Text, one chapter of Genesis and a couple of pages of George Washington. (He narrates with all of these.) Then we got out some of our other bible study material and finished that by 6pm. That put us with time for dinner and a movie.

Thursday we got through all of our material for the day. We use Beautiful Stories from Shakespeare. I think Pooh enjoys the stories, but they are difficult for him. There are so many people and the names are so unusual that he has a hard time keeping up. I just supply names as needed during his narration and I'll correct anything he happens to construe incorrectly. Otherwise, I don't stress much about this book. I've never read Winter's Tale which we did this week. I was glad of the happy ending. LOL It reminded me a little of Much Ado About Nothing.

Today was an extra easy day. We had Drama class in the morning and then hung around town until my tax appointment. Refunds, come to mama! ;D If you getting a refund, get your taxes done early. I heard the state of California is broke and they won't be issuing refunds anytime soon. Who knows how many other places may end up doing the same.

This weekend is supposed to be beautiful weather wise, so hopefully, we'll get out for a nice walk in the sun!

Happy Weekend everyone!

1 comment:

walking said...

Things are getting scary when the government issues rain checks!!!!

I see you are gearing up for the Great Backyard Bird Count . . . I put up a cardinal button at my blog!