Thursday, June 28, 2007

Where We're At

The last month has been just crazy. We had our end of the year homeschool bash which entailed a bible drama (directed by yours truly) and a talent show. So with props, practice, costumes and more practicing it's been too busy to keep up here. The kids did great though. The show went off without a hitch (for the most ;D). The main part that Pooh played was Moses. Everyone was amazed by how well he did. I have to admit that I, as the director and chooser of the parts (yikes!), had my moments of doubt as to whether he'd pull it off, but he came thru. Even with all the bible language he had to memorize. "But against any of the sons of Israel will no dog move eagerly it's tongue" was a bit of a mouthfull for him. LOL Tigger nicely played the part of an Israelite and the sheep on Noah's Arc. Tigger also participated in the talent show with an idea all his own--he sang Old MacDonald. He had Pooh help him though as he's a bit shy. They were very cute in their cowboy costumes with the stuffed horse, pig and cow.

We also had what i like to refer to as my niece's Graduation Gala. I got her a tiara to wear for it as she's now graduated to princess status. My sister had to graduate to be the Queen now. hehehehe Big time family joke!

So that, amongst other things has put us behind on our RCR blitzing. I'm even a week past what i would be because i sent a vhs to our consultant, then received an email that the only thing on there was Sesame Street and Wishbone. How that happened i don't know. I'm assuming someone sat on the controller because they haven't figured out how to tape shows. Yet.

This week we're doing the last of the RCR patterns. Simultaneous. Which basically is doing things at the same time. Pooh has to wait for me to do things and follow my lead if i do something weird. Which is a common occurance for me. Yes, in the last month i have done the second RCR pattern, Reciprocal (ie turn taking). I'll have to blog more about these patterns soon. And maybe if i ever get around to it again, make a list of activities we've used in doing these patters. My deleted list was just soooo good! I still can't believe i didn't save it.

In between everything else, i'm still reading about child development and homeschooling philosophies which i'll also try to blog about soon.

Oh, and my dishwasher is on the fritz. sigh
I think poison control will be on a first-name basis with me soon. (one RDI activity we will not be repeating--i'll blog the warning soon)
Homeopathy is a wonderful thing.
Tigger is bouncy, bouncy and still in diapers!
RDIos will be unavailable for those of us who still are running on Windows 98se!!!

blllllppppppffffftttttt!!!!!!!!

No comments: