Friday, June 29, 2007

Tigger

Most of the talk so far has introduced you to Pooh, so I thought I would take this time to mention my smallest offspring, Tigger. He's a beautiful 4 year old boy who never stops moving. He's so different from his brother, as siblings often are. He wants to be part of everything at every minute of the day. His favorite things are tools. He loves to help "fix" things. At the slightest hint that it may be needed, he is off running for his toolbox. And he has real tools. The King and I have provided him with small child-sized tools so that he can participate in family projects. Of course, he still sometimes takes off with our tools. Especially the King's. Especially when he needs it. And then Tigger may or may not remember where he put it. My poor hubby spends quite a bit of time searching for his tools. LOL

Tigger is a bit on the shy side. It's sort of funny, after having a child with autism, to see Tigger get embarrassed over things and then react to that embarrassment. He can be loud, crazy-funny and sensitive all within 5 minutes. He's picked up some of his older brother's quirky sayings. "You're just jealous" when they're upset at me. "You just don't like me" when they're getting disciplined. and my personal favorite "You're not my mommy anymore". Tigger has added his own "I'm just getting out of here" to the repertoire.

He's crazy-funny in that he loves to laugh and make people laugh and he'll do silly stuff to make that happen. He makes up his own words-nonsense words that he thinks are funny. He's constantly talking, CONSTANTLY. I'm just not used to that. I'm a pretty quiet person. I like to read, garden, etc. Pooh likes to look at books, draw and TV. Tigger likes to bounce and talk. He talks about anything and everything. "Mommy, mommy, watch this" "Mommy, mommy let's do_______" Lately he's been wanting to play tennis. It's Tigger Tennis because he makes up his own rules and was calling me a cheater if he didn't hit the ball. I can deal with the different rules, but i had to nip the "cheater" calling in the bud. He didn't even really know what it meant.

He's a cute little ball of fire. And i love him to death. He can really get me laughing and I love having his little arms come around me saying "I love you, Mommy". Actually, THAT'S my personal favorite.

No comments: